Tumwata (Ogden) Middle School
Built in 1965
About the Project
The Tumwata (Ogden) Middle School community will be getting an entirely upgraded and updated middle school in time for the 2021/2022 school year. This is an excited opportunity for students, staff, parents and community to shape the future of their neighborhood school for years to come.
The building says: “We are a Place of Learning”
- Warm, Welcoming, and Safe environment
- A Place for our Community & Families
- Supports active, Multi-modal Learning
- Relevant Innovative Technology
- Flexible for Future Learning Modalities
- Collaborative Opportunities at All Levels
- Strong Connection to the Outdoors
Check out this video for all the latest updates underway at Ogden Middle School!
Roofing is complete, with only minor details on the monitors remaining. Metal framing is complete and drywall is currently being hung. Seismic upgrades are underway in the Cafeteria, and construction crews are about to upgrade HVAC systems.
Ogden Construction 8/13/2020 from Oregon City School District on Vimeo.
July Construction Update - Provided by P&C Construction
Neighborhood Notice of Construction - Provided by P&C Construction
Typical Learning Community
Principal, Tumwata Middle School
David A Johnson
Planning and Design: November 2018 - March 2020
Construction: March 2020 - December 2021
- Phase 1 & 2 Areas of building Start (MARCH 2020)
- Phase 1 Areas of Building Final Completion (MAY 2021)
- Phase 2 Areas of Building Final Completion (SEP 2021)
- Phase 3 Renovation of existing Athletic Fields (JUNE 2021 – OCT 2021)
Project Completion: January 2022